Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Special Lady

I went to a funeral today of a lady I had known all my life.  When I hugged her daughter, she said "we go way back".  I think she might have been thinking of the time I stayed with her when her second daughter was born but I thought how our families go way bak.  Her Dad and my Dad grew up on neighboring farms.  Her Grandparents had lived in the same place and so had mine.  So our families really do go way back.

She was in my older brother's class in grade school and was a good friend of my older sister.  One of her brothers was in the same grade as my brother and myself and he dated my best friend.  Her youngest brother was in the same grade as my youngest sister.  When you went to a small country school in the fortys, you went to school with friends.

Her mother was a special lady.  She a 103 years old.  I know where she is today and I'm sure she's celebrating with her old friends including my mother and dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment