Thursday, February 7, 2013

False Teeth

I've lost my upper jaw teeth.  I've been going to the dentist to replace them for over three months.  I never thought it would take this long.  Next Tuesday I should get the partial.  I'm not really looking forward to that day.  The last time I was there the dentist put the partial in my mouth with teeth but not the permanant ones.
It felt awful.  I thought I'll never be able to eat with this.  I couldn't even talk plain with that junk in my mouth.  I never expected it to be this hard.  I thought it would be a good thing.  Will I ever get used to something like that in my mouth?  I can't chew food without jaw teeth and I'm so looking forward to being able to eat things not being ground up.  I thought when I got them, I wouldn't have to go back except to
get my teeth cleaned.  The dentist said I'm getting them the first of the week so I'll be able to go back right away if they make my mouth sore.  I hadn't even thought about that.  I must have been dreaming thinking that I could just put them in my mouth and everything would be great.  This whole process seems to be taking aas long as it took for me to get the teeth I used all my life.  I hope finally they'll work as well as those did.

No comments:

Post a Comment