Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Temptation

This subject is probably one I should just stay out of but I'm been thinking a lot of why people fall into temptation.  Does the devil know what your weakness is and that's what he tempts you about?  If you're a poor person, does he tempt you to steal?  If you're in a unhappy marriage, does he tempt you to commit adultery.  You always have a choice.  God's not standing over you with a whip but he gave you the Holy
Spirit and you need to listen.  I heard a sermon one time on temptation.  The preacher gave the degrees of
temptation and said at the very first thought of temptation is when you should flee.  If you get into mire the deeper you get in the harder it is to get out.  I guess that's how temptation is and I think the devil does know
your weakness.  When I should be reading the bible, I'm reading a novel or I'm on the computer  and I
probably should get off of here and be doing something more productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment