Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Funny Story

The Rider Family had met over at Sam and Nadine's and the women were sitting around the table talking.
Violet was telling about the summer Bill came back from service and was working with Lawrence's brother and dad.  His dad had done somethig Bill thought was dangerous and he told Lawrence, he was going out
to the mental hospital where they were doing some construction and get a job and he did.

This made me think of something that had happened right after I started dating Bill so I told this story.
I was in the bedroom at my parents, getting ready to go on a date with Bill.  He and my dad was sitting in
the living room and I think this was the first time my dad had met Bill.  Dad had ask Bill where he worked
and Bill told him he worked construction at the mental hospital in Anna.  Dad said, Have you ever had any
trouble getting out of there of the evening?  For a minute Bill didn't say anything and I thought "Oh dad, I
like this guy, why did you say that.  Then Bill just laughed and said Well he hadn't had any trouble so far.

1 comment: