Saturday, January 4, 2014

A Necklace

I opened a jewelry box this morning and I looked at the necklace that was in it and it bought back some memories of long ago.  The Avon lady came by my house every Saturday when we lived in Northern Illinois.  At that time they had lots of pretty jewelry.  I had looked at the necklace for several Saturdays.  I really wanted it.  It was
beautiful but it was also expensive and I didn't want to pay that much for it.  We didn't
have lots of money. 

One Saturday I gave in and bought the necklace.  The Avon lady went from my house to my sisters, who lived just a few blocks away.  She told Ann I had finally bought the
necklace that I had been looking at every Saturday.

After we had moved to Southern Illinois, I noticed that one of the pink pearls was miss-ing.  We had a Avon lady who came in the bank where I worked and I ask her if they
could replace the necklace but she said, they didn't sell it anymore but they would give
me my money back.  I told her no I would keep the necklace, I'd replace the pearl and   I did.  I still wear the necklace and I still like it as well as I did the day I bought it.

No comments:

Post a Comment