Friday, September 9, 2011

My Brother

I went to the hospital today to see my brother.  He's only one year and four months older than myself.  When he started school, I thought I had to go too.
At home Daddy had a nickname for each one of us and Paul's was Rinky-Dink.
When we were in first or second grade, we had a weiner roast at school and
I couldn't get my weiner on my stick.  So of course I went to Paul, who was
with a group of boys and said, "Rinky-Dink put my weiner on my stick for me."
From that time on his name was Rinky-Dink and when he was older the boys
added Donkey and for some reason they called him Rinky-Dink Donkey.  Of
course they called him that in fun for he was well-liked at school.  Seven boys
in our class and three of them have passed on.  I wonder if those who are left
ever think of him as Rinky-Dink.

No comments:

Post a Comment