Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Church Family

Sitting in church Sunday morning I thought about the first Sunday we were at this church.  We had just moved to Southern Illinois.  I looked around and thought I do not see Bill & Carol, Elden & Helen, John & Sue and all the close  friends in our church in Andulusia.  I thought this is never going to be home.  When I looked around Sunday I saw the friends that have become dear to me in the last 35 years and thought I really don't want to move out of Dongola.  So many of them have just extended their sympathy at the death of my brother.  These people have over-looked my goofs, standing up one morning on the first verse of a song when the song leader had said the last verse and when I didn't have sense enough to sit back down, like Bill told me to, the congregation stood up with me.  They've supported me through my bout with cancer and Bill's illness and death.  I don't have another 35 years to feel this way about another church.  Maybe I'll just never move out of Dongola.  It would be a hard thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment