Thursday, November 3, 2011

Life Span

Today I met an old friend of Bills and we stood and talked for a while.  He talked about being at Bill's house when they were teenagers.  Our conversation sorta went on about life and how when we're young, our future seems long.  We feel like we're going to live forever.  At our age now we look back and think where did all the years go.  That passage in the bible that says "life is like a vapor" is so true.  I heard last week that an old friend of ours had passed away.  He and Bill used to play in a band together and his wife and I were good friends.  I thought about a picture I took a long time ago of him and Bill sitting at our kitchen table, eating
watermelon.  He's sticking out his tongue at me and Bill's just busy eating watermelon.  I don't remember why he was sticking out his tongue at me but I can remember a lot of good times we four had together.  There's an old song that says memory is a gift of God that death cannot destroy.  In old age it's a precious gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment