Friday, November 4, 2011

When I Am Old I Will Wear Purple

At the library yesterday I read "When I Am An Old Woman".  I thought I need to rewrite this.  It doesn't fit me at all.  I've never liked the color purple.  I shall wear any color I like and I difinitly don't want to drink brandy.  It would give me nausea.  I wouldn't want to ruin my slippers in the rain, not unless they were a pair I didn't like.  I also would not want to pick flowers from someone elses garden but I might take some seeds that I could plant in mine.  Just thinking of eating three pounds of sausage at a go makes my stomach want to empty and if I ate bread and pickles for a week, I'd want some ham to eat with them.  Sitting a good example for your children doesn't end with them, what about the grandchildren?  Well suddenly I am old but none of the things that seem to appeal to the lady who wrote this appeals to me.  I think I'll just keep writing on my blog and playing computer games and try to forget I'm an old lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment