Friday, March 2, 2012

Family Reunion

I had been reading on facebook about several people giving up something for lent.  I had never thought about doing that before.  I thought only catholics did that but after I thought about it, I thought, maybe that's a good thing.  I thought I should give up listening to country music.  I thought, maybe I don't have to give up music all together.  I should be able to listen to gospel music during lent.  So this morning I put in a cd I hadn't listened to for a while.  A song played titled Family Reunion.  It starts out "Each year we have a family reunion" and it goes on to say that each year faces are missing.  It made me think of last summer's family reunion when I
looked around and saw so many faces I didn't even know and all the faces that weren't there.  I turned around to my brother and said "Are we at the right reunion?"  That brother will be missing at this year's reunion.  Several family members that we have lost this year and won't be at the family reunions here again.

The song is really about the family reunion we'll have in heaven and what a reunion that will  be because of
what Jesus did on calvary.  I'm so looking forward to that reunion to see all the ones that we don't see at our reunions here anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment