Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Tea Kettle

I was taking my shower this morning and washing my hair and I thought about how we did that in the fortys.  Living on a farm with no indoor plumping, nothing was modern.  Baths were not daily.  Did just a wash pan of water get you that clean?  I don't know but that's all we had.  You couldn't turn on the faucet and get hot water.  You had to heat it on the stove in the tea kettle.  Come to think about it why did we call that a tea
kettle?  You didn't make tea in it, you just heated water in it.  It set on the stove always filled with water and if you used all the hot water and didn't fill it back up, someone was going to be mad.  Today tea kettles are obsolete but they were inportant things back then.  We wouldn't have had any hot water if we didn't have a tea kettle.  I bet you would have found one in every house.

No comments:

Post a Comment