Sunday, May 25, 2014

Water From The Well

This morning at church, the preacher preached in First Chronicles, chapter 11. Talked about David wanting water from the well. It made me think of something that an old friend of my Dad's family told me. They were neighbors and her husband and my Dad had grown up as neighbors. The story she told me was about the night my Grandmother died. My Dad's mother. There was a well there but they didn't use it anymore. I don't even know where it was, even though Bill and I lived there for a while when we were first married. She wanted a cool drink from that well and a man that was there that night, went to the well and brought her back a glass of water from the well. I never knew my Grandmother and this lady told me some stories about her and my Dad and his brother, back when they were young. Now she's gone too and maybe in Heaven they're talking about old times.

No comments:

Post a Comment