Saturday, July 6, 2013

Driver's Test

I have to go and take another driver's test.  I just took one four years ago and after this one expires
I'll probably have to take one every two years.  I can remember driving without a license but I'd be
afraid to do that now but I did it a long time before I got my license.  When Bill was playing in bars
in the Quad-Cities sometimes it was safer for me to drive home without a license than for him to drive
with one. 

One day he bought the second car and most of the time he left the new one at home, drove the old
one to work.  If I wanted to go to the store or to the laundermat, I just got in the car and drove with-
out a license.  I must have had more nerve then than now.  I would not do that today.  If I don't pass
my driving test, I'll be stuck back in the boonies.  I'll have to sell this place and find a new place to
live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment