Sunday, June 16, 2013

Ugly Feet

This morning I put on sandals, just straps to go to church and I thought of when Dad took  me to get my dress shoes for graduation.  I tried on different shoes but the clerk was very specific about what kind of shoes I should get.  At first I said I'd like  heels but he said "white heels should only be worn for formal evening wear.  So then I said I'd like sandals with straps.  Then he said "No, you should only wear them when you have pretty feet and you  shouldn't wear them.  I thought "Well he's telling me I have ugly feet."
I ended up buying wedge heels with just the toe out and a strap around the heel.  They covered up most of my foot so I guess he thought they covered up most of my ugly feet.  If that happened today I would say  I'm spending my money and I'll buy what kind of shoes I want.

1 comment:

  1. You go Katherine. I agree with you. Wear what you want and people will have to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete